“Leadership is lifting a person’s vision to higher sights, the raising of a person’s performance to a higher standard, the building of a [corporate] personality beyond its normal limitations.”(Peter F. Drucker).
Business development begins with goals and a plan to achieve the goal. Carefully define the goal, prepare the plan, set the time line, set the standards, and prepare the team to follow the vision. Inspire the team, help them understand the deeper truths of the approach, help them understand the deliverables, encourage success, deploy, and just get it done — but always — keep your eye firmly on the goal.
Business Development consists of capture management, proposal management, and transition management. Capture Management is the art of selecting a good opportunity (Request for Proposal) to pursue. Proposal Management is the art of delivering a credible winning response to the Request for Proposal. Transition Management is the art of assimilating and integrating the winning team into a new contract. DCLC has extensive experience accomplishing each of these tasks. Our approach includes best practices gleaned from the Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) and Shipley Associates guidelines.
Typical business development services provided are:
- Evaluate your business development Capture, Proposal, and Transition activities
- Identify areas where improvements can be implemented
- Ramp up your selection tools to identify new business opportunities and shape the opportunities to your capabilities
- Strengthen your capability to generate high quality proposals
- Support a stakeholder with Capture Management
- Accomplish proposal development
- Accomplish effective transition planning and execution for your next contract